Monday, February 4, 2008

I lost my voice.


1. After yelling, hooting and hollering for a good 3 hours last night as the good guys righted all the wrong in the world of the NFL, I can barely talk now. I can't remember the last time I lost my voice, maybe the Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago 2 years ago?

2. I just found out today, that because of some bureaucratic bullshit law in NYS, I cannot vote for my man Barack Obama in the Democratic Primary tomorrow. I registered as an Independent as a young, naive 18 year old 4 years ago, not knowing much about the political system or where I might fit in. Since I changed my address recently, I sent in a change of address form in the beginning of January, indicating that I wanted to vote as a Democrat from my current address. Apparently, if you want to change your party affiliation, it must have been done in October. I guess the great empire state just wants to make the voting process to be as difficult as possible so the least number of people will be able to participate. I am disenfranchised. I am furious.

If you are reading this, VOTE FOR OBAMA! The man is a stud.
Nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change.
YES WE CAN.

No comments: